02 July 2008

19th Worldwide SketchCrawl in Bologna

Some days ago I went to Bologna for the 19th SketchCrawl (Bologna's 2nd SketchCrawl and mine too). It was a very hot day and we tried not to go beyond the shadows (maybe we behaved as vampires but sun could actually make us become ashes). Any way it was a great day and I made a lot of sketches: 28 on my Big Partner and 12 on my little moleskine notebook.

These were all made on my big sketchbook (13 x 21 cm) with a Pentel brush pen and a Niji waterbrush loaded with Parker Quink brown ink, I must lighten it with much water since it was too dark on the firs sketches.
(Click on the image to see it bigger).

These were all made on my Moleskine notebook (9 x 14 cm) with a Pentel brush pen.
(Click on the image to see it bigger).

10 comments:

  1. All of these are wonderful. How much you captured with your lines in such a short period of time. Would you ever consider uploading a video clip of your sketching technique?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am so impressed with all your sketches. You have shown so much with so little. I would be interested also in seeing how you do it! Tu blog es una inspiracion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And you master that brush too.
    Your sketches of Sara stand out for me.
    You also seem to have so much ease with perspectives.
    I've got to do a sketch crawl before i die.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Se ve que fue un día muy productivo! Y qué bonita presentación, con las libretas pasando las páginas ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowzer...you are amazing. I really am in awe that you completed all these sketches in one day. This must have been less of a sketch "crawl" and more of a sketch "sprint."

    Great job Miguel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like this quik sketches. Its a thing, the sketchcrawl, that we here in Portugal never try to do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mamma Miguel, ma quanto disegni durante gli sketchcrawl!
    Grazie dei bei ritratti (e del blog che mi hai segnalato, è veramente impressionante)...!

    Al prossimo casuale incontro!

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  8. Miguel,
    I just hooked you up for a weblog award. Your stuff is great. Go to my blog for the details.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. HOW DID YOU MAKE THE SCROLLING PAGES?? THAT IS A GREAT FEAT! IT IS AN EXAMPLE OF BETTER UTILIZATION OF SPACE, LOVE IT.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thhank you all for your comments.
    Heliocentic: for the scrolling pages, take a look here http://issuu.com/

    ReplyDelete